Monday, May 29, 2006

Handcrafted Thoughtful Rock

by Shotgun & Jaybird

Take me on a tour, a many-sided tour of your hometown, show me where you did all of your first things.

I haven’t seen Shotgun & Jaybird play live, but I have met some of the bandmembers, but I didn’t realize until later who they were. It wasn’t until I ordered the CD There Are Days and Then There Are Days from Sappy Records that it all connected together and some cool people that I met became cool musicians (to me). While most of the music that I’ve bought over the past year or so has been digital, the only way I could get this music was on an old-fashioned compact disc. I’m glad that I ordered it and it’s nice to have something arrive in the mail with a neat sticker too.
While the CD is nice, it’s really about the music. The lyrics are personal and the music is guitar-based and casual with a lovely handcrafted feel. A tiny bit folky and a little bit rocky with an emotional honesty. I liked it when I first heard it, but the more I listen to it, the more I enjoy it.

tags: , , , ,

No comments: