Saturday, March 05, 2005

quicksilver

I've been using quicksilver for a few weeks now and it's become part of how I use OS X. I didn't really understand what it did until I read a bit more about it and then I started using it more and more. What I love about it is that it's very subtle and understated. The only problem is that I don't think that I'm using it to the full potential. I first found out about Quicksilver from 43 Folders which pointed me to some excellent tutorials by Dan Dickinson that convinced me to try it out. Now I'm still discovering new tricks and it makes me say "wow!" (to myself and not out loud) from time to time.
But what does it do?
It lets you type in a few letters and find a contact, an application or web site and then do something with it. You can send or upload or manipulate files, move things around, pull things from recent copying and pasting or do tons of other things. It sits on top of whatever you are doing and lets you do something else with the minimal interruption. Very cool and subtle.
technorati tags: , ,

No comments: