Monday, March 21, 2005

Holga Photography

I love taking pictures and I’ve been taking quite a few digital images, but I do miss film sometimes. One of the fascinating things that I find are the different aspect ratios of different formats. When my 35mm camera and lenses were stolen I couldn’t afford to get set up again, but when I was in Winnipeg I bought a new advanced photo system camera… the film format is smaller, etc. but the camera was a Nikon and it was the aspect ratio that I liked… the native aspect ratio is 16:9 and not 4:3. When black and white film came out for it I shot mainly black and white with it and I like the way it looked. But now I would really like to be using a larger format of film and I like the perverse idea of using a larger format film with a cheap, plastic camera. The Holga is a neat plastic camera that takes 120 film and takes very distinctive looking images. I want to get back into film…

technorati tags: , ,

No comments: