Saturday, April 09, 2005

DVDs By Mail

To help me watch more films I’ve signed up with an online DVD-by-mail service called zip.ca that is very similar to Netflix. I can have 4 DVDs out at a time and out of the first batch I’ve started watching them. I’m thinking that I’ll probably watch more films which will probably translate into 3 or 4 films a week. One of the things that I like about the service is that I add films to my list and then they show up. It’s a great way to fill in gaps and to add films when you think of them. I don’t know if it will eliminate me renting DVDs at my local video stores, but it should mean that I will see more. The best feature is that there seem to be more obscure films that are difficult to find. I’m loving it so far, but with the list that I have now (almost 100 DVDs) it will take about half a year to work through them. So there will always be something to watch.
Down the road I can see this switching from the DVDs to delivering the films electronically. Mailing things takes time which slows things down. But it does make me look forward to the mail more now.

technorati tags: , ,

No comments: