Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Web-centric

I'm becoming more and more centered on the web in terms of applications that I'm using and organization. With things like 43 Things and Flickr and del.icio.us and Blogger and Gmail and Technorati all being linking together it means that there is more of me spread over the web and less of me within applications based on my own hard drive. There is a neat shift where more and more stuff isn't intimately linked with the computer I'm using. But I still love my PowerBook, but now I'm realizing that I'm needing my own hard drive a bit less for a lot of things. At the other end are the more specific applications like Final Cut Pro, which I love and isn't built around the web at all. But then I think about the file format which uses XML and I wonder if integrating a database and using the data from Final Cut with other people could work well. Openness is the way to go as it allows creativity and exploration and the use of things in unintended ways.
technorati: , , , , , , ,

No comments: