Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Women With Beautiful Voices and Synthesizers

by Au Revoir Simone

Sometimes you find things by chance. When I was looking at a page on the Creative Commons site with podcasting promos there was one from Au Revoir Simone. I checked out the site and listened to the two songs they had and I was hooked and ordered the CD right away. While waiting for the CD the two tracks were played often on my iPod and today the CD arrived along with a lovely little button. The song “Backyards of Our Neighbors” is one of my new favourites and I love the songs on the CD too. With a base of synthesized sound complemented with the voices of three women. I find that it’s a dreamy and irresistible mix of sounds that make me happy with a slight tinge of sadness on some of the tracks.

tags: , , , ,

No comments: