Monday, April 17, 2006

The NB Filmmakers' Co-op

A bit over two decades ago I walked into the New Brunswick Filmmakers’ Co-operative in Fredericton. It started me on the path that gave me my career as a filmmaker and a teacher. While many people think of the coop as a place where they can get equipment and finish films, the important thing is the community and support from the people who are members. I’ve met some of my best friends through the coop and learned a lot about filmmaking and life.
I haven’t lived in Fredericton for over 5 years now, but I’ve still maintained my membership in the NB Filmmakers’ Co-op and they’ve recently moved from their home of two decades into a newly renovated Charlotte Street Arts Centre, which is a great facility filled with other artists.
Last weekend I was back in Fredericton and was able to stop in and see the new location and see some friends. It’s still a wonderful place that helps people tell their stories through film.

tags: , , ,

No comments: