Saturday, April 09, 2005

Instiki

I want to learn to code using Ruby. I haven’t really coded much in a while, but a few months ago I saw Instiki, which was built using Ruby (and now with Ruby on Rails) and it was so simple and clean that I thought that I wanted to find out more about it. Basecamp rocks for project management and it uses Ruby on Rails. Then I looked through some of the Ruby on Rails stuff and was very excited. Anything more complicated or database-driven that I had done before took a long time and required much preparation and a lot of coding to get everything working the way that it was designed. So I kept thinking that I should learn more about it.
43 things runs on Ruby on Rails and to install the latest version of Instiki you need Ruby on Rails, so I installed it all. Now I can play some more with Instiki and then do some things with Ruby. I’m looking forward to doing some coding now.

technorati tags: , ,

No comments: